Tuesday, May 15

Birthday Party Success!

The Barnyard Birthday Party day came & went so fast! And we all had a blast!

In total we had 18 kiddos under 4 (plus all their parents) come to play! Believe it or not, even with all the little ones it wasn’t too stressful and I managed to squeeze in a bit of mingling and lots of photo snappin’.
(I did miss 1 photo that I meant to take.. I really wanted to do a group shot of all the tots…but I totally spaced : / )

The Barnyard Theme was a HIT!
(My E only screamed for 10 minutes when I made him put on these CUTE farmer overalls. I had a plaid shirt as well .. but there was no way he was letting me get that on him too...)

Enjoying 1 of the many cookies of the day..
The Loot bags we made
The table partially set up
The Petting Zoo was AMAZING!
I can’t stop raving about Little Tracks TRAVELLING petting zoo 
Not only did they show up on time and have everything set up before anyone showed up (my kind of peeps!), they provided an educational spin on things for the kids (& adults) when we were in the petting zoo pen.

I really wish I had snapped more pics of the animals, now that I think about it!

Yes – I got in there too (although there are not any pics ..sigh.. isn't that always the way!)
But I did handle a duck, I petted a pig, I rubbed a donkey and I caressed a horse.

E and his buddy watching as they set up the pen
The Cavie & his handler...It's a Rabbit/Kangaroo - weird
Awww! Baby ducks!
This picture just doesn't do justice for this ADORABLE goat! I want one!
When it wasn’t their turn in the petting zoo pen the kids could also play on the slide, go for a pony ride, color a picture at the coloring station or EVEN better… They could jump in the best $40.00 I ever spent – The BOUNCY CASTLE!



Pure joy!

Some of the best parts of the day
  • My rain dance paid off - the weather was absolutely PERFECT – couldn’t have asked for better in May!
  • My lil man & his buddies had a blast! 
  • There was little clean up (as it was ALL outside and we served snack food.. although I wished I had made a few dozen of my chocolate chip cookies, rather than bought.. but, whatcha gonna do?) 
  • It was an AM party (930-1130am) – so everyone was gone by noon! 
  • E had a 3hr nap after the party! whoohoo
  • We collected 40 pairs of shoes for the Little Footprints, Big Steps charity (in lieu of gifts)!!


All Birthday'd out!






4 comments:

Susan said...

What an awesome party!! Made some great memories for your little guy for sure :)

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Hi! New follower from the life with twins blog hop! What a fun party! I love the theme.. and how nice to collect shoes instead of gifts. Very sweet :)

Would love for you to link this up at my friday link party going on now! And a follow back if you like my site too :)

Jennifer said...

See? And you were all concerned about space. I would have thought you had a huge yard from those pictures! You had room for everything with space to spare. What a great party - and he looks absolutely adorable in those overalls by the way. Love the loot bags, I am nowhere near that creative.

Amanda @ Life, Experience Needed said...

Looks like a great party (you got some great shots!). I love the loot bags.

Thanks for the follow, following back :-)