Tuesday, April 24

Barnyard Birthday Party

Barnyard Birthday Party planning in full affect! 

He loves animals..even though it may not look like it in this pic

My lil dude is turning 2!! Ahhhh! Like every parent I can’t believe this day has come so fast! (This past year has gone by especially fast since I’ve been back to work :( )

Alright – enough with the sappy stuff, here’s what I’ve got planned! (so far)
PS Let’s keep this on the DL (down low) since the Hubby doesn’t realize I’ve gone all Toddlers & Tiaras meets Party Mamas meets My sweet 16  for this party! Lol

Since our lil man has all the toys he could possibly play with or need (or that we have room for..) we decided to ask our guests to bring running shoes in lieu of a gift. These running shoes will go to an amazing charity (that our friend co-created) in Haiti called Little Footprints, Big Steps. (Their Twitter,  Facebook pages.) The shoes will go to the kids who stay/utilize the safe house.


Birthday Party To Do List:

Invites emailed! CHECK
I decided to save paper and stamp $ and ordered a similar version of these cute custom PDF invites designed by Sassy Alice DesignsThey were great to deal with!
Source
Petting zoo animals arranged! CHECK
Goats, sheep, chicks oh my! We also have a potbelly pig and a padagovian cavie coming.. (Don’t worry – I didn’t know what a padagovian cavie was either, until I googled it.)
Where are we going to put all these animals in our wee lil yard?? Good question!...

There was only one rule

Bouncy castle booked! CHECK
Ok...so I splurged..but it was only $40 extra after I had booked all the other things.. Hubby might be a little surprised that morning when they off load it off the truck..eek

Pony rides ordered! CHECK
In all fairness this is something The Hubby wanted me to book for his recent 30th birthday (I guess he was deprived of a pony party as a kid! Lol) I didn’t think it would have been so appropriate to have a miniature pony at an adult birthday party…

Source
How did you celebrate your 2 yr old's birthday? Did you go over the top as well? Or am I just crazy!?

To Do:
*Plan Barnyard Themed food to serve
*Buy Loot bag/party favors
*Order Balloons

5 comments:

Unknown said...

WOWzers, sounds like a great party! Can I come as his friend? LOL I definitely didn't get to plan that fantastic of a party for my kids when they turned 2, but if I could have, I would have! lol. Sounds awesome, hope he loves it!

Brandi

ToDoListMom aka Ashley said...

LOL! Sure c'mon over.. I think the kid RSVP's is up to 20 something.. Urgh.. I'm definitely going to need a glass or 2 of wine after this one..

Jennifer said...

Love, love, love your invites! When I planned my daughter's farm themed 1st birthday this past March, I had absolutely no intention of telling my husband about anything until it arrived. I hate to keep things from him, so I did tell him, and he thought I went way overboard. Now, he thinks it was the best party ever. Trust me - get it all - the bouncy castle, petting zoo, ponies, the works! It's all worth it in the end.

As for food, we didn't go farm theme on that (except for the cake), but I wish we could have done BBQ. It would have been hard to keep warm, but would have been delicious!

ToDoListMom aka Ashley said...

Since it's a morning party (930am) , I'm thinking no cake - am I just mean and cruel? lol

Unknown said...

Oh so cute, happy 2 to your little guy!!!

Aloha,
Following ya from the Mingle. I'd love it if you'd come "join the ride" at localsugarhawaii.com. It'll be sweet-- 'promise.

xoxo,
Nicole
localsugarhawaii.com